Things that really really irk me
- Credit card companies that think I'm so dumb I'll fall for the fake-check ruse
- Drivers who don't signal for turns or lane changes
- Restaurants and stores that post prices such as .99¢. This is less than one
penny. It should be either 99¢ or $0.99.
- Clerks who do not count change back properly
- Students who leave blank spaces on exams, especially true/false questions
- Mission statements
- Music medleys
- Drivers (in gray cars especially) who don't turn on their headlights in
the rain - duh!
- People who introduce themselves with their titles, but refer to me with my
- Overuse of the words "awesome" and "x-treme" in
- Overuse of the words "best practices", "assessment"
and "outcomes" and "rubric" in academic circles
- Bucket raffles
- Store-bought cakes
- Gag gifts - What a total waste of resources
- Food Servers who come to my table with a big phallus of a pepper grinder
- Restaurants with televisions
- Decorative flags
Do you know what irony is? Here is an example: If I did not let these things irk me, my
life would be simpler.
Return to Pam Hayes-Bohanan's Simplify Your Life page.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated April 2, 2009