Simplify Your Life
Home and Family Ideas
Have nothing in your home
that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful
Ideas on simplifying your life at home and fun things to do with family
that don't cost much
- You don't need a separate cleaner for each item in your house. All-purpose cleaners such
as vinegar or Murphy's Oil Soap will clean a surprising variety of things. They are
cheaper, more effective, and better for the environment and your health than complex,
- Likewise, you don't need a separate appliance for every task. I have
always been able to use my blender for anything that called for a "food
processor". Before you make a purchase think about anything else you already
have that may serve the purpose.
- Don't go shopping just to shop. It wastes money and space in your house.
- Buy groceries and cleaning supplies in bulk, if you have the space (see previous tip to
get more space!) This will save money and will give you more time with your family.
- Before making any purchase ask where you will put it and what you will do
- Wait one day for every $10.00 an item costs before buying (if something
cost $70.00 wait 7 days) and then see if you still want it.
- Hang your clothes out to dry. When I started using our screened-in front
porch to dry clothes, rather than the electric drier we noticed an almost
15% decrease in our gas and electric bill over the next several months
- See Mr.
- Play in the snow!
- Take a walk with the family after dinner each day. You will enjoy the time with your
family, get in better shape, and get to know your neighborhood.
- If it only takes five minutes longer to walk, walk.
- Institute family games night.
- Get a dog (or some other pet)
- Check out the real estate section of the weekend paper for open houses.
After you've done this for a few weeks the realtors will start to recognize
you and know that you aren't really interested, so will stop trying to sell
the houses to you.
- Look for four-leaf clovers
(there are a lot out there if you just keep looking!)
- You're never too old to blow
- Celebrate your attainment day.
- Celebrate your
- Make Paloma's Butterflies
When you have your house in a comfortable condition you will be less inclined to go out
and "get away from it all". You can enjoy being home and save money.
Return to Pam Hayes-Bohanan's Simplify Your Life page.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Last updated July 29, 2010