Tips for learning Spanish
- Watch the news in Spanish. This is a good exercise because you will always have a
context. Watch the film as you listen to the story.
- Watch Spanish-language films. You can read the subtitles and listen at the same time.
- Eavesdrop. When you hear people speaking in Spanish try to understand what they are
saying to each other.
- Be fearless. When you are in a setting in which you can use your Spanish just do it.
Most Spanish-speakers are glad to help and happy you are trying.
- Look for things written in Spanish in your home (e.g.
instructions for appliances) and see how
much you understand. This is a good way to learn new vocabulary.
Return to Pam Hayes-Bohanan's
Simplify Your Life Pages
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated August 22, 2003