Prep Project 2.5: install Slack Morning
Summary: Lets install our
Due: various see text below for
- Install Slack: here is the website It
is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux (ubuntu[mint] and
fedora). The free plan should be good enough for us. I doubt any group
will get past 10,000 messages
- Decide who in your group will be the group leader for this purpose.
(It doesn't have to be the same as the group lead later on)
- the group leader will create a project and invite the other two (or
three in the case of groups 1 &2) members of the group.
- The group leader should then invite me. (this
should be done by Friday night before spring break)
- Someone (not the group leader) integrate github to the project.
announce in the #general channel which channel has the github
- Someone else, (not the group leader or the person above) should follow
These directions and
integrate slack with trello on one channel on your project. Announce on
the general channel where that is.
- For groups 1&2 only, your fourth person should integrate code
- Everyone should sign up for a Trello
- Every group member should use slack's integration with other apps to
select one app from the extensive list and integrate it with your team's
project. Explain why you chose that one and not alternatives in your
team's general chat channel. (this is due by Monday after break March 13