Mobile Devices Project 1
An Introduction to Objective-C
Objective: To learn Objective-C well enough to do a late cs1 or
early cs2 project in objective-c
Due: Feb 11th at 11:59pm
In this project you will write a program which will be a simplified
version of software to run the card access doors in a building like the
science building in objective-c. (note my comp152 students are doing a
very similar lab)
This lab will give you the chance to refresh all of your comp 151 skills.
Due: Feb 11th at 11:55pm
Write a program that will
- open the file data.txt (get the file from the
- Read each line into your program.
- The lines go together in groups for four.
When you are done:
- The first line in the group is the language's current ranking. It
should be an integer
- The next line in the group is the language's ranking last year at
this time. It is also an integer
- The third line in the group is the programming language name. It is
- The forth line in the group is the programming language's mind share
- make an object to hold those four pieces of data
- put those objects into a collection (array or ArrayList)
- loop and ask the user which they want
- sort on this years ranking
- sort on last years ranking
- print the list
- do this loop till the user selects quit.
You also need to have a readme.txt file in your folder which contains
when you have completed the program and the readme, zip up the whole folder
and submit it. Submit the compressed folder as described below.
- your name
- a brief (one paragraph) description of how you implemented the
- anything that is left undone in the project.
Use moodle to submit the program online.(as soon as I get
access to the moodle site for this course.