Mobile Devices Project 3
A BSU Campus app
Objectives: To build your first significant iOS app, to master the
mapkit and coreLocation frameworks.
Due: March 6th at 11:55pm
In this project you will create a sort of walking tour of the BSU campus.
Implement and iOS app (lets target the iPad so we have enough screen real
estate) that will use the mapkit, corelocation. Your app should know the
coordinates of 10 buildings on the BSU campus. (focus on academic and
public buildings rather than dorms).
- Whenever the iPad is closer to a particular buildings than it is to
any of the others
- put up the name of the building the iPad is near
- put a list of departments in the buildings up for the user to see
A few notes.
- Feel free to divide the campus up into non-overlapping bounding
rectangles to bound the areas "closest" to the building
- use whatever views and controls you want to display the departments
and building names.
- use whatever arraignment of GUI components is convenient.
- if the user/iPad is away from all buildings (perhaps the user has gone
off campus or has gone into the train station or something) then remove
the last building info.
Submit via moodle as usual.
Include a readme.txt text file in your project. For this project the
readme.txt should include
- your name
- your approach. Did you use something that we didn't cover in class in
- Anything that is still not done when you submit.
When you are ready to submit your project zip up the folder with the
objective-c code, your sample input file and your readme and upload them