Undergrad Game Programming Project 3:
In this project you will implement a simple version of the android game archipeligo
Details:You need to write a clone of the archipeligo game you will need to
- Have a map with several islands on it.
- The player will start with one island
- The two opponants will each start with their own islands.
- There should be at least 5 neutral islands at start.
- Each island will produce more "troops" at a set rate. The size of the island determines the rate of troop increase.
- each island has a max number of troops beyond which there is no increase.
- this max number is also based on island size.
- To attack the player selects an island he/she owns and then selects another island.
- when attacking 1/2 of the troops on the island move to the other island
- combat is a 1-1 loss ratio - if there is an equal number of troops from two side both are lost
- if two sets of troops collide while traveling between islands,
then they 'fight' at that point and fewer troops will arrive at the
- the game ends when either the player is elminated or both opponants are eliminated.
- let the opponants 'AI' be simply random selection of islands
- no sounds is needed
- comment your code
- put all of your assets in subfolders
- your troop carriers should be animated sprites.
As usual, you may reuse up to (But not
more than) 20% of your code from other sources. Be sure to reference
any such code.
Also make sure your game assets are in
subdirectories of your actual project directory. Submit the entire
directory tree compressed by email as usual.
Your writeup will be more significant for this game.
It will need to include
A Manual for the game
how do I start it
how do I play it
anything else I need to know to
how did you implement the game.
Just a couple of paragraphs on what you decided to do and why
References to any code or assets
you used from elsewhere
Anything left undone