Grad Game Programming Project 3:
a simple luxor like game
Summary:In this project you will implement a simple game in the fashion of the Luxor game series (similar to the zuma game series)
Due: April 7th April 9th(the next Game design project will overlap this project.)
Details:you will need to write a single level/state luxor-like game which will
- Have a map with a track on it.
- There needs to be a line of sprites advancing along the track
- the sprites should be animated
- there should be at least 4 types of sprites.
- There needs to be a shooter at the bottom of the screen
- the shooter should load a sprite, randomly chosen about a half a second or so after the last fire.
- The user needs to be able to move the shooter
- the user needs to be able to shoot the sprite.
- When a sprite shot by the user collides with one of the sprites in the track, insert the fired sprite into the track
- if there are now three or more of the same sprites in a row in this area then remove them.
- after removing the sprites. move the remaning two groups of sprites on the track toward each other until they meet.
- if there is now three or more of the same sprite touching when they meet this way remove those and increase the players score.
- Keep track of the players score in a visible manner
- the game ends when either all sprites from the track are eliminated or the sprites reached the end of the track
- put up a you win or a you lose indicator.
- no sounds is needed
- comment your code
- put all of your assets in subfolders
As usual, you may reuse up to (But not
more than) 20% of your code from other sources. Be sure to reference
any such code.
Also make sure your game assets are in
subdirectories of your actual project directory. Submit the entire
directory tree compressed by email as usual.
Your writeup will be more significant for this game.
It will need to include
A Manual for the game
how do I start it
how do I play it
anything else I need to know to
how did you implement the game.
Just a couple of paragraphs on what you decided to do and why
References to any code or assets
you used from elsewhere
Anything left undone