- how could this affect games?
- Gamers Bill of Rights.
- ESRB and the FTC
- are mobile games killing traditional games?
- a blog rebuttal
- Grad project page updated!! More info on making the graph for the game.
- there is that virtual currency real money issue rearing its ugly head again. FBI raid on college students due to a bank fraud investigation involving WoW gold.
- Rock paper shotgun on game genres.
- Announcement of change of due date for Grad programming project. See the projects page for more information.
- indie games ranking manipulation in xBox marketplace.
- Should Real life be more like games?
- Of course some people think this is stupid.
- Looks like game enonomies and money is an issue just in time for us to talk about it in class.
- GAMES GAMES GAMES
- There are two big Game design related events in the area over Spring break:
- The MIT Sloan Business in Gaming Conference on the Thursday of Spring break
- and of course PAX East the big gaming extravaganza for the east coast.
- The MIT event is much more intellectually stimulating - PAX has lots of people there to play games as well as hear the talks
- GAMES GAMES GAMES
- The Basic sprite demo
program from class is available online from here. Note that because of
the BSU web server contraints I needed to give this a txt extension to
get it to you. You'll want to remove the txt extension and return it to
its original .py extension.
- 1/27/2011: for the Grad class of
Game Design: Since we are losing a class tonight due to the University
being closed I need to give you part of tonight's planned class as a
correspondance class. On the resources
of the class website at the very bottom you will find the lecture notes
that I'm using in class. You will find the two for last week along with
one that I was planning to use this week. By tomorrow (Friday
1/28/2011) I will put a second short slide set on the site detailing
basic event handling in pygame. Also by tomorrow I will have put up
your first introductory assignment on the
of the class website. This assigment is a simple assignment designed to
get everyone familiar with python and pygame so we can do more
interesting projects next time. Since we are not meeting tonight this
project will have a longer due date than I originally planned. Your
assignment for the following week is as follows
- Read chapters 4-5 in Andy Harris' L line book
- Review the lecture notes (the third and soon to be added forth
set of notes) Which I would have used tonight.
- Begin working on your first project so you can come next time
and ask any questions you might have about it.
- If you have any question please email me or come by my office
Welcome to 2D game design for Spring 2011. Be sure to check this
website if the class is ever cancelled for any reason.