Internet Programming Project EX
Summary: This is an extra
credit project for those students in the class who might need a little
extra to get them over that B minimum for the course. This project will
combine the two post midterm topics: web programming and security.
You will write a facebook spider. It should start with the users
friends, then go to their friends, friends and so on till you are three
layers away from the original user (Friends of Friends of Friends).
You should gather from each user (friends)
Finally display the data with the following format
- status updates.
Your project must work on csdev02, with the limitations of that Apache server.
- A series of interest titles (lets make them h3 in html
formatting) with a list of all friends and friends of friends etc with
that interest below in standard text
- a list of all users whose likes you could see
- a list of all users whose likes you couldn't see
- A list of all userses whose status updates you could see
- A list of all userses whose status updates you couldn't see
To Turn in:
Turn in via email:
A text document with the following things:
- Your name
- your facebook application URL
- a brief description of how you did the project
- your assesment of Facebook as a platform having run this program yourself.
- Anything that you were not able to get working