Logic and Computers Program 3
Brick Breaking on the phone
Due: Nov 21 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving)
in this project you will build a simple one level brick breaking/Breakout
clone style game.
You must actually do what is here. There are a variety of tutorials for
building brick-breaking games on the web, these directions assure that you
can't just blindly follow the tutorial, you'll have to understand the
tutorials and pull out on the relevant bits.
- Have a way of keeping score
- put up two rows of bricks.
- Each row must have at least 7 bricks in it
- The bricks must be draw using images (imageSprites are fine)
- there should be one special brick - make it a difference look.
- when the special brick is hit, increase the score by double the
- when the special brick is hit, make a special "powerup event"
- maybe speed up the ball
- or slow it down
- or make it go through all balls
- when the ball (see below) hits a brick the brick should disappear,
the ball should bounce in the other direction, and the score should
- Have a ball.
- if the ball hits the top of the playing area, it should reverse its
y direction and keep going in the x directions
- if the ball hits the left or right of the playing area, it should
reverse its x and keep going in the y direction
- if the ball hits the bottom edge of the playing area, the game
should end - put up a game over message and hide the canvas.
- have a paddle made of three image sprites
- if the ball hits the middle sprite, the ball should bounce up.
- if the ball hits the left sprite, the ball should bounce up and more
to the left
- if the ball hits the right sprite, the ball should bounce up and
more to the right.
- if all the bricks are gone, put up a you win message.
once again, download your program as an aia file and then submit that to