Comp 151 Project 7
Your Last project (and there was much rejoicing?)
Due: Thursday Dec 9th at 11:59pm
In this last project
you will use many of the programming skills that you have learned
through the semester with a special focus on using arrays.
Since this is your last project, you are given freedom to design this
project as you see fit with only a few restrictions listed here in the
requirements and the Addional Restrictions section below:
Your program must
- repeatedly prompt your users to enter a number grade When
the user enters the grade, store it in an array or an ArrayList. (make
the array or ArrayList an instance variable in one of your classes). Do this until the user enters the sentinal value indicating the end of the data entry.
- make sure to tell the user what the sentinal value is
- if you are using an array rather than an array list make sure to create an array of at least size 25 to hold all of the values.
- once you have the data all entered to the following to the data (not necessarily in this order)
- print out the lowest value
- print out the highest value
- print out the average of all values
- print out the middle value.
- sort the data
- print out the entire sorted data collection.
To help you get in the habit of good program writing, I am imposing the
following additional restrictions on your program.
- You may have no more than 2-3 lines in your main method.
- You must have your array or ArrayList object be an instance variable in (one of) your class(es)
- You must comment your code. We are starting to get to the point
where you are writing longer programs and doing more on your own. you
will need to start commenting your code so that both you and I know
what you are trying to do. To this end credit in the assignment will be
reservedfor grading your comments.
- Add a readme.txt file as a text file in your submission. Your
readme file should contain
- your name
- a brief (one paragraph) description of how
you implemented the project,
- anything that is left undone in the project.
again zip up your project folder and submit it to me by email. Make sure that your submitted zip file
contains your first initial and last name as part of the zip file name.