Due: Monday Nov 1st with hard copy paper due the following class.
Summary: Coninuing our theme of
relatively easy programs for comparitive purposes you will write two
programs for android phones, one using the app inventer tools and one
using the standard android development tools.
You will write the same program twice once with App Inventor and once with the android tools.
Your program should check to see that you are in Bridgewater (the town
or the University at your descretion - but mention which in your paper)
during your assigned class time. If you are not, your program should
play a sound and give a visual remider to go to class. If you enter
Bridgewater, the visual notification and sound should cease.
Undergraduates should choose one of the two class periods to give the
For the class following the due date, bring a hard copy report with the
following (Standard formal English please) All Double spaced please.
The whole report should probably be about 3ish pages.
- Introduction: let me and others know what you were trying to do (this will be quite short here)
- Describe your code and your process. Did anything unusual go on? not more than about a half page
- How did developing for this mobile device differ from developing for a desktop application
- How did developing for this mobile device differ from developing
for other mobile devices that you've done so far.
- A brief conclusion discussion your assesment of developing for this mobile device.