Undergrad Game Programming Project 4:
In this project you will implement a simple version of the classic game breakout (see link for simple version if you've never played this on a watch or cellphone)
You need to write a breakout clone with
- a bunch of different colored bricks in a pattern (use a map file approach) for each level.
- When the user clears the level move to the next level.
- Have three levels.
- If the users clear all three levels, the user wins
- Start the user with three balls
- each time a ball reaches the bottom of the screen, the player loses a ball
- if the player loses all balls, the game ends.
- you do not need to have any special bricks
- keep score and display it to the user/player.
- the direction of the ball should change based on where on the paddle the user hits the ball
- the center of the paddle should send the ball straight up
- the outside edge of the paddle should send the ball up at an angle.
- the ball should never have a dy of zero.
As usual, you may reuse up to (But not more than) 20% of your code from other sources. Be sure to reference any such code.
make sure your game assets are in subdirectories of your actual project
directory. Submit the entire directory tree compressed by email as
Your writeup will be more significant for this game. It will need to include
- Your name
- A Manual for the game
- how do I start it
- how do I play it
- anything else I need to know to play.
- how did you implement the game. Just a couple of paragraphs on what you decided to do and why
- References to any code or assets you used from elsewhere
- Anything left undone