Some pointers in logging on
Last night people had some trouble getting into the databases.
We were missing only one thing to log on to the database sucessfully and that
is the name of the database.
However, I did put together a configuration file that you will
probably find helpful
Copy the file I have prepared into your home folder by using
- > cp /export/spare/faculty/jsantore/tcshrc_Database ./.tcshrc
- (the '.' before the '/' means "the current folder")
- type 'tcsh' to start the tshell (a much nicer environment to work in since
you can use arrow keys and the backspace key.
- now run mysql
- mysql -h 192.168.150.49 -p <your username>
- the username above is actually the name of the database. Each of you
has a database with the same name as your username.
- Your password is your first name as given to the college. However, I
did make one mistake last night. Your passwords are acutally your first
names with the appropriate letter(s) capitalized. (the first letter for
most of you)
Please get in touch with me if you have any problems with these new directions.