I am an associate professor in the Mathematics Department at Bridgewater State University. In Fall 2019, I'll be serving as the acting chair of the Mathematics Department. In Spring 2020, I'll be on sabbatical.
I received my Ph.D. from Brown University in 2013, working under Joseph Silverman. Most of my research is in arithmetic and p-adic dynamics. You can reach me at jacqueline.anderson (at) bridgew.edu, or in my office, room 445 of the Dana Mohler-Faria Science and Mathematics Center.
- Dynamical Belyi Maps (with Irene Bouw, Ozlem Ejder, Neslihan Girgin, Valentijn Karemaker, and Michelle Manes), submitted. Preprint available at arXiv:1703.08536
- Local Arboreal Representations (with Spencer Hamblen, Bjorn Poonen, and Laura Walton), to appear in IMRN. (.pdf)
- Comparing arithmetic intersection formulas for denominators of Igusa class polynomials (with Jennifer Balakrishnan, Kristin Lauter, Jennifer Park, and Bianca Viray), Women in Numbers 2: Research Directions in Number Theory, Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 606, Amer. Math. Soc. (2013), pp. 65—82. Preprint available at arXiv:1211.0788
- Bounds on the radius of the p-adic Mandelbrot set. Acta Arithmetica, vol. 158 (2013), no. 3, 253-269. Preprint available at arXiv:1207.2628
- Frequent Feedback through Google Forms, PRIMUS, vol. 29 (2019), no. 2, 124-137. Available from PRIMUS here . Free e-print availabe upon request.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Slides from Recent Talks - Added Upon Request
Bridgewater State University Mathematics Seminar
I organized BSU's Mathematics Seminar 2013-2019. All information about the seminar can be found here .