MATH 100 Quiz 3
This is a take-home quiz. You are allowed to use any resource you
like while working on it; please record your sources in the answer to
question 7. You must show your work to receive full credit but it is
not necessary to show the graphs you use to check your work. There are
questions on both sides of this sheet.
Bonus (5 points) What is the range of the function g(x) = (x -
- (15 points) Give the equation of the vertical line through the
point (1,2). Check your work using Graphmatica.
- (15 points) What is the slope of the line whose graph is shown below?
- (20 points) Give the equation of a line that passes through the
point (1,3) and is perpendicular to the line y = -2x + 5. Check your
work using Graphmatica.
- (15 points) Could the table shown below be generated by a
function f(x) = y? If so, find a formula describing f(x) and check
your work using Graphmatica. If not, explain why not.
- (20 points) Sketch the graph of the function:
|2x||when x < 2|
|f(x) = ||4||when x = 2|
|x + 2||when x > 2|
- (15 points) What is the domain of the function g(x) = (x -
- (You must answer this question to pass the quiz.) List all the
sources you used to answer the questions on this quiz (e.g. names of
friends, URL's of web sites, titles of books.) If you used only your
text and Graphmatica, write "I used only my text and Graphmatica to
answer the questions on this quiz."