MATH 100 Quiz 1
You may use a calculator on this quiz. You may not use a cell phone or
computer. To receive full credit please show your work carefully and
give justifications for your answers. If you find that you are
spending a lot of time on one problem, leave it blank and move on to
Bonus (5 points) Use absolute value and inequality symbols to
write the statement "The distance between x and 4 is less than 2."
- (20 points) Evaluate x2 - 3x + 2 when x = 4.
- (20 points) Evaluate | -7 - (-2) |
- (20 points) Simplify 6(2x + 3) + 3(3x + 1).
- (20 points) Simplify: (8x12)-3
- (20 points) What is the value of (-4)2?