Pizza Party Project
Plan a pizza party for your class. In particular, you'll need to decide:
- How many students are in the class?
- How much pizza will each student eat?
- What toppings will you order?
- How will you choose which toppings to order?
- How will you choose where to order from?
- How much will it cost?
What math topics and skills are used in this project?
How might you use this project in your class?
- Is it feasible to have a pizza party in your class?
- Are you more interested in computing price per square inch, voting on toppings, using pizza pies to discuss fractions, or collecting statistics on favorite pizza places?
- Would you use this as an ongoing project in which students research pizza prices, design charts, and give reports on relative prices then vote on a solution and order pizza, or would you make it a question on a quiz?
At Campus Pizza and Subs in Bridgewater, prices for pizza are: