COMP203: Sample Projects
- Use Maple to teach trigonometric identities.
- Use Maple to teach about the features of graphs of rational
functions (e.g. asymptotes and intercepts).
- Use Maple to investigate Farey Numbers.
- Use Maple to illustrate different types of critical points that can occur in functions of two variables and to calculate the results of the second derivative test for each type of critical point.
- Show how Maple can numerically integrate
function (bell curve function) to calculate probabilities.
- Suggest a challenging problem (perhaps one you enjoyed in a previous class) for approval. Demonstrate the use of Maple to solve that problem.