COMP203 Grading Criteria
Syllabus | Schedule | Grading Rubric | Midterm
- Program does not run: -80%
- Program runs with some errors: -20%
- Code is difficult to understand: -10%
Include comments in your code wherever needed!
- Program runs but misses the point of the exercise: -20%
For example, a for command is used instead of recursion.
- Program runs but is not useable for its intended purpose: -60%
For example, print is used instead of output in a helper procedure or a predicate produces no output.
- Program not useable for its intended purpose but programmer has demonstrated proficiency: -20%
For example, print is used instead of output but assignment objectives are otherwise met and the program runs for grading purposes.
- Program exceeds requirements: +5%
For example, program responds well to invalid input.
Short answer questions:
- Answer indicates insight beyond the scope of the question: +5%
For example, detecting and discussing a way around a flaw in a command.
- Answer completely correct and clearly written using complete sentences: full credit
- Answer correct but not clearly written: -10% to -30%
E.g. "It gives the remainder when dividing the one number by the
other. If the one number is a positive the thing will be positive
otherwise it has to be negative."
- Partially correct answer: -20% to -70%
E.g. not explaining how the remainder command handles
- Partially incorrect answer: -30% to -80%
E.g. claiming that the output of remainder is always positive.