Research Students Can Expect of Me
As a mentor, I will:
- respect the studentís ideas and take all
- assist the student
in developing an interesting and workable research question.
- provide guidance in the ethical conduct of
- assist the student in finding the resources
necessary to conduct the research project.
- assist the student when necessary with field
or laboratory aspects of the research project.
- provide assistance and quality control for the
production of grant proposals, reports, presentations, or (if weíre
really lucky and have cool results) manuscripts for publication.
- evaluate the studentís performance and provide