Return to Course index
Course: THEA 272 Stagecraft
Final Exam (for 5/12/99)
Production organization, lighting, and painting.
Write on the following items on the paper provided. Each item is 20 points.
These questions are specific to This Property, but the point is to explain the technical processes that are involved. Each item is worth 20 points.
1. Lighting: Describe the lighting effects in This Property Is Condemned and how it might be produced. Consider all of the controllable properties of light and the functions of lighting design.
2. Power capacity computation to be assigned.
3. Painting: It is likely that the house in the This Property has a painted effect. Discuss your painting process step-by-step, including equipment and materials used. Begin with surface preparation.
4. Provide a master list of drawings and designs needed to mount your production of This Property , and briefly describe how each feeds into the final production and technical rehearsals.
5. Create a master scenery list for your production. Estimate the number of labor hours needed to create each. Assuming three fully competent carpenters working 8 hours daily, provide a calendar schedule leading up to first tech on a Saturday. Figure one full day for put-in.